- What is Parking like?
A: We have limited parking, please carpool.
- May I bring my RV
A: RV parking is available off site. Please call 406-260-5090 for RV parking details.
- May I pay with a debit card?
A: You must have a credit card on file when you take a boat out for damages, but we can charge a debit card or take cash.
- Who pays for fuel?
A: You do.
- Where do I fill up the boat?
A: You must fill the boat 15 min prior to your return time at Big Arm Marina just west of our dock.
- How much will fuel cost?
A: Fuel prices vary widely. Recently boat fuel has ranged from $7 to $8 per gallon. It will likely be higher this season. Most boats refill for about $75 after a four hour rental, but that can go a lot higher for larger boats, longer trips, and fast driving.
- How much does it cost for a roundtrip shuttle to Wild Horse Island?
Shuttle $45 per person, Children 7 and under $25, Children under 2 – Free.
- Do boat rentals on Flathead Lake include life jackets?
- Is there a cleaning fee?
Yes, if you make a boat dirty, you may be charged a cleaning fee. Most renters clean the boat at their departure.
- Is there a tax when renting motorized boats in Montana on Flathead Lake?
A: Yes, the state has imposed a Rental Vehicle Tax on motorized equipment rentals. It is currently approximately 4%
- Is there a tax on non-motorized rentals, like canoes or kayaks?
A: No, but card processing fee may apply 2.5%.
- What about my dog?
A; You may take a dog on some of our boats, but you must make that arrangements at the time of your reservation. Dogs are not allowed on Wild Horse Island! Any evidence of your dog, including fur may result in a cleaning fee.
- When renting a boat, how does the renter get it?
A: It is in the water at our dock in Big Arm Boat Rentals, Flathead lake, Montana, at 44227 A Street, Big Arm, MT You may also request delivery and pick up services.
- Are multiple day rentals available?
Please call 406.260.5090 to inquire about rates.
- Are there bears on Wild Horse Island State Park?
A: Bears are infrequently seen on Wild Horse Island State Park.
- What is the physical location of Big Arm Boat Rentals and Rides on Flathead Lake, Montana?
A: The physical location of Big Arm Boat Rentals and Rides on Flathead Lake, Montana is: 44227 A Street, Big Arm, Montana 59910.
- Are there driving directions Big Arm Boat Rentals and Rides on Flathead Lake on your website?
A: Yes, driving directions to Big Arm Boat Rentals and Rides on Flathead Lake may be found by clicking on “contact us” and then “driving directions.” If you then click on the mapping feature you will pull up a map with the location and address.
- How many people may fit on a boat?
A: typical boats (runabouts, open bow boats, ski boats, speed boats, etc.) accommodate around 900 pounds, so it depends upon the people in your group. The boating regulators consider that the average boat occupant weighs 140 pounds – an average of a 200 pound man, a 140 pound woman and an 80 pound child.
- How many people may fit in a pontoon?
A: typical pontoons accommodate around 1400 pounds, so it depends upon the people in your group. The boating regulators consider that the average boat occupant weighs 140 pounds – an average of a 200 pound man, a 140 pound woman and an 80 pound child.
- How many people may fit on a seadoo or jet ski, or wave runner?
A: Our Seadoos accommodate up to three people, but fit two people more comfortably.
- Are there float-up restaurants on the Flathead Lake?
A: There are five. The Shoe Bar and Grill is located just North of the bridge in Polson, along the Western shore of Flathead Lake. The Big Arm Marina and Grill is located right near our Big Arm location. Many Springs restaurant is located North of Finley Point and Northeast of Bird Island on the East shore. Marina Cay is located in the Bigfork Bay. Fiesta En Jalisco is located on the Southeast corner of the bridge in Polson.
- What kind of facilities are on Wild Horse Island State Park?
A: The park has hiking trails and an outhouse for hikers to use. There have been three geocaches there in the past, as well. There are some cabins along the shoreline which are private and we request that our guests respect the private property rights of others. The cabins are situated on circular 2 acre lots (allowing visitors to reach the shore between them while remaining on public land) and the lots mostly reach the shore near a dock associated with the cabin.
- How long does it take to get to Wild Horse Island State Park from Big Arm Boat Rentals and Rides on Flathead Lake’s location?
A: It takes approximately 23 minutes, on average, in a motorized boat.
- How long does it take to kayak or canoe to Wild Horse Island State Park from Big Arm Boat Rentals and Rides on Flathead Lake’s location?
A: The map shows an approximate 3.2 to 3.4 mile distance between Big Arm Boat Rentals and Rides on Flathead Lake’s location to the nearest point on Wild Horse Island State Park (the Southwest corner). We recommend paddlers go past that location to the Driftwood point trailhead, which is just about ½ mile further, and is the Southern tip of the island closest to Melita Island. If a paddler is able to paddle around walking speed (3.3 miles an hour on average) it should take around an hour to reach the island, as you pass the Northern shore of Melita Island, en route to Driftwood Point. If wind or wave activity are present the time may be longer.
- Are deposits required for rentals?
A: You provide a 50% deposit when making a reservation, which is refundable if you cancel your reservation prior a week prior to the day of your reservation.
- If there is bad weather may we cancel a reservation.
A: We cancel reservations for weather related concerns. Safety is always our main concern. This part of Montana usually experiences short rain showers which are not necessarily a reason to modify your plans. However, high winds and lightning are definitely safety issues and we will help you reschedule your excursion.